Precautionary Measures to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
ISS Discovery School: Spring 2020 is around the corner from 23 March to 3 April 2020. In light of the recent outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Singapore, precautionary measures have been put in place to safeguard the wellbeing of all staff and learners.
- Only students who are based in Singapore will be allowed for our ISS Discovery School: Spring 2020 program. As such, we will not be accepting any students that are coming from overseas.
- Daily temperature checking to ensure students are not above the limits set by the Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Nurse on duty to attend to students who appear unwell and to check students out of the campus should they require medical examinations.
- All students and parents must submit a travel declaration form upon arrival. Failing which, they will not be allowed into the campus.
- Rooms will be disinfected before start and end of lessons.
- Students will be provided with staggered areas for lunch if they are attending the full day program (Intensive English Language Course)
- Small class sizes with a maximum student teacher ratio to 1:20. There will be a teaching assistant in K1-K2 and G1-G2 classes (English Language (Drama) Course and English Language (Visual Arts) Course respectively).
Roles of Individuals
All of us will have to do our part and to always stay vigilant. Novel Coronavirus is transmitted through contact with droplets from infected individuals and contaminated surfaces.
Effective methods to prevent transmission:
- Practise good personal hygiene
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water
- Use hand sanitiser if above is unavailable
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid shaking hands, using alternative greetings
Be socially responsible:
- Stay at home if you are unwell, please inform us via email if your child is not attending school
- Wear a mask if necessary
- Stay calm, be vigilant and practise good hygiene wherever you are
We would like to seek cooperation and understanding from everyone as we work together to ensure the health and safety of our ISS Discovery School community.